The ISO 27001 International Standard has been prepared to provide a model for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving an Information Security Management System (ISMS). The adoption of an ISMS should be a strategic decision for an organization. Interested internal and external parties can apply the Standard to assess conformance.
On successfully completing the course, students will have:
* an appreciation of the importance of controlling Information Security in all types of business
* a detailed knowledge of ISO 27001 Information Security Requirements
* a knowledge of risk assessment for Information Security
* a knowledge of auditing principles
* a detailed understanding of the principal requirements of auditing Information Security Management Systems (ISMS).
The course is deploying a blended use of taught sessions, interactive group discussions, exercises, continuous assessment and examination to achieve its aims. The practical exercises are based upon a fictional company. However, the procedures, work instructions and data are typical and could relate to many different enterprises equally. The practical exercises have been carefully designed to focus upon issues that commonly arise during Information Security audits.
* Introduction to Information Security
* Detailed content of ISO 27001
* Similarities with OHSAS 18001, ISO14001 & ISO9001
* Information Security Management issues including operational control
* Information Security Audit skills
* Practical exercises and feedback
Appraisal & Certification
Appraisal of candidates knowledge and performance will be made through a combination of continuous assessment and a written examination (multiple choice and short answers). A certificate of competence will be issued to delegates deemed to have achieved a satisfactory standard.
* Completion of secondary education
* An understanding of report writing is desirable
* A prior knowledge of the requirement of ISO 27001 would be beneficial
Schedules & Fess
Course Code: ISO01-03
Schedule Date: 19 Dec 2011 to 23 Dec 2011
Schedule Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Duration: 5 days
Application & Enrolment
Please contact Ms Katherine Chung at:
Hong Kong Telephone: (852) 2206-9011
Macau Telephone: (853) 6636-9010
This course provides day-time training only.