The intermediate level ITIL® v3 (version 3) Service Capability Module "Release, Control & Validation" offers candidates, the ability to obtain role-based hands-on experience in a specific cluster of processes according to ITIL v3. This 5-days training includes an examination. Passing this examination adds 4 credits towards the 22 required credits to enter the advanced level in IT service management certification based on ITIL v3. Each module of the capabilities series covers a specific cluster of ITIL v3 processes tailored to relevant roles.
During this 5-days instructor-led course, participants will obtain knowledge and hands-on experience in Release, Control & Validation. A mixed balance of practical assignments and lecturing reinforce knowledge learning and boost capabilities on the subject. Interactive lessons and lectures prepare participants for the examination: ITIL v3 Capability Module Release, Control & Validation.
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the course:
- Service management as a practice.
- The following processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the Capability of Release, Control and Validation: Change Management, Service Release and Deployment Management. Service Validation and Testing, Service Asset and Configuration Management. Knowledge management and service request fulfillment and evaluation.
- Common service operation activities related to Release, Control and the Validation processes.
- Organizing for service operation, which describes functions to be performed within Release, Control and the Validation processes.
- Release, Control and Validation process roles and responsibilities.
- Technology and implementation considerations.
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks.
- CSI as a consequence of effective Release, Control and Validation processes.
The course ITIL v3 Capability Module Release, Control & Validation is targeted towards existing holders of the ITIL v3 Foundation certificate who want to gain in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in Release, Control & Validation. Candidates who wish to certify for ITIL v3 at intermediate or advanced levels can earn 4 credits by passing the examination.
An ITIL v3 Foundation certificate and preferably about two years work experience in an IT service management environment.
Number of Participants
The maximum group size for this course is 16 participants.
This course prepares the participant for the official ITILR v3 Capability Module Release, Control & Validation exam. Participants who wish to take the exam are prepared through a practice examination and instructor feedback. The examination is a complex multiple choice, multi-part, scenario based test for which 90 minutes is allowed to complete it. Students who pass the exam will receive the ITIL v3 Capability Module Release, Control & Validation Certificate in IT Service Management.
After completed each ITIL v3 Intermediate Course, you can get:
- Official 35 PDU for PMP credential
Course Code: ITIL13-1
Course Name: ITIL v3 Release, Control and Validation
Schedule Date: 26-27 /01/2013
Remark: Fees include ONE (1) Examination
Application & Enrolment
Please contact Mr. Cheng at:
Hong Kong Telephone: (852) 2206-9016
Macau Telephone: (853) 6636-9010